What is UV?
Ultraviolet light (UV) is at the invisible, violet end of the light spectrum. The water treatment industry uses a high-powered form of UV light called UV-C or “germicidal UV” to disinfect water.

How Does UV Light Work?
UV-C rays penetrate microorganisms and destroy their ability to reproduce, effectively rendering them harmless. It’s a simple but effective process, with destruction of 99.9% of harmful microorganisms, Including E. coli, Cryptosporidium, and Giardia. Not only is it safe and highly effective, UV does not change the taste, color or odor of water. It simply removes the risk of illness caused by microbial contamination, making water safe.

Why Not Use Chlorine?
Chlorine changes the taste and odor of water. Chlorination may also produce harmful by-products, which are linked to the incidence of cancer.

What Makes Sense?
Disinfecting your drinking water with ultraviolet light (UV) make good sense. It’s exceptionally effective, it’s environmentally safe, it’s well proven, and it’s the way of the future for water disinfection requirements around the globe.

For more information on our UV systems, fill out the form and we’ll be in touch.

13 + 7 =